Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Just in time for March Madness!

It seems that all the boys in our house have an ample supply of BYU gear. The girl's are another story. Today being a game day and with March Madness just around the corner, I set out to remedy this little problem. Using the same technique described in the Freezer Paper Silhouette post (see two posts below) I made Belle this I "heart" Jimmer onesie. Plus, momma got a cougar fix up too. I cut my letters out with a Cricut but you can easily print letters onto the freezer paper or even free draw them.


The shirt that I made for myself has a very low scoop neck . When I tried it on, I got a funny feeling about dressing like a Hooker while wearing a BYU shirt. This is the same compelling feeling I get to restrain my middle finger while driving on the Beltway because I have a BYU Alumni license plate holder.

My Solution: Add a ruffle.

First I dug around in my goodwill pile of clothes and found an old shirt. I trimmed the bottom.


Next, I pinned the bottom of the old shirt around the collar of my new shirt. Some trimming to make the sizes match will most likely be required.


Finally, I sewed it on with my machine and now I have a cleavage free BYU shirt!

8 comments:

  1. I love the ruffle. Pretty genius.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute. So is it just painted on then? You could almost use contact paper on it adheres to the fabric as you paint it on. I have cut with it on the circut alot. I use it for glass etching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Don't forget to join me for More The Merrier Monday and link up all of your great projects.


    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable, I love the Jimmer onesie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopped over from the linkup at hodgepodge--the Jimmer onesie really caught my eye :-) Go cougs!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that Jimmer onsie is SHUT THE FRONT DOOR CUTE! LOVE IT! I am your newest follower, and would love for you guys to come check out and follow my little blog!

    Thanks for the smile!
    Irene
    lvcraftygirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. haaha Jimmer Jimmer Jimmer.

    Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving that Jimmer tee! I just featured it on the fb page- couldn't get the picture to show up (grrr...technology) but hopefully people will still come over. Go Cougs!

    ReplyDelete